cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: more intuitive place for Cocoon status page and clear-cache command.
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 21:01:20 GMT
On 19.10.2004 19:11, Lars Huttar wrote:

> For a long time I didn't know about the
> "cocoon/samples/clear-cache.html" URL. I kept shutting down Tomcat and
> restarting it in order to clear the cache. :-/
>
> Suggestion to make this and a couple of other things more intuitive:
> - Put a link to the "status" page on the Cocoon main page. "Samples" is
> not an intuitive place to look for servlet status.
> - On the status page, in the section that tells about the cache, include
> a link to clear-cache.html. Likewise to clearpersistentstore.html. This
> would make more sense than putting these commands on the samples page.
> - It might be useful, too, to have a link on the "status" page to show
> the output of xalan:checkEnvironment(), to show more details about the
> versions of various components (Xalan, Xerces, SAX, etc.) being used.

Good ideas, but I fear switching off the samples removes also this
functionality, i.e. these links are not available without samples. So we
should either make them available, i.e. drag them out of smaples sitemap
and drop them in root or whatever sitemap. Or we should remove the links
on the start page when the samples are excluded.

Joerg