cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lars Huttar <lars_hut...@sil.org>
Subject more intuitive place for Cocoon status page and clear-cache command.
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:11:22 GMT
Hi all,
For a long time I didn't know about the
"cocoon/samples/clear-cache.html" URL. I kept shutting down Tomcat and
restarting it in order to clear the cache. :-/

Suggestion to make this and a couple of other things more intuitive:
- Put a link to the "status" page on the Cocoon main page. "Samples" is
not an intuitive place to look for servlet status.
- On the status page, in the section that tells about the cache, include
a link to clear-cache.html. Likewise to clearpersistentstore.html. This
would make more sense than putting these commands on the samples page.
- It might be useful, too, to have a link on the "status" page to show
the output of xalan:checkEnvironment(), to show more details about the
versions of various components (Xalan, Xerces, SAX, etc.) being used.

I would be happy to make a patch for this if someone wants to commit it.

Lars