cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: SVG serializer problem
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2004 19:26:06 GMT
Anna Afonchenko wrote:
> It is probably an IE issue, because the pipeline with **.htm worked from
> Mozilla.
> But I really need it to work from IE as well!
> Is there any way to enforce it?

IEx is known to ignore advice from the server. This is quite hardwired
at least up to IEx 5.5, and there is no workaround except not using IEx.

If you don't want to have content interpreted as HTML, you must not
provide an URL ending in .htm or .hmtl (or .asp, .aspx if IIS is
installed on the machine). Use an extension which is likely to be
registered as the MIME type you want, or an extension which is
likely unregistered. Ending the URL in .svg seems to be a reasonable
idea. Depending on the context, appending a dummy parameter like
  http://localhost:8080/.../testSVG/www.ubaccess.com/test.htm?d=.svg
might help. But then, why do you have to end the base URL with .htm
at all? SVG ist not HTML.

J.Pietschmann