cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Help with selector - very basic
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:13:58 GMT
On 04.10.2004 17:51, Jonathan Linczak wrote:

> First time using a selector (don't laugh!) and I wrote a simple
> pipeline that changes based on the parameter matched:
>
>     <map:pipeline>
>       <map:match pattern="**/*/*/teamstats.html">
>         <map:select type="parameter">
>           <map:parameter name="parameter-selector-test" value="{2}"/>
>           <map:when test="menssports">
>             <map:read mime-type="text/html"
> src="content/authoring/stats/m-{3}/teamstats.htm"/>
>           </map:when>
>           <map:when test="womenssports">
>             <map:read mime-type="text/html"
> src="content/authoring/stats/w-{3}/teamstats.htm"/>
>           </map:when>
>         </map:select>
>       </map:match>
>     </map:pipeline>
>
> When I go to the page:
> http://www.someplace.com:8080/lenya/athletics/authoring/menssports/
> football/teamstats.html
>
> I get the following error:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Streaming of an internal
> pipeline is not possible with a reader.

There is no error in using the selector, but it seems that the above
pipeline is included into another one (that's why the error message
talks about internal pipeline). It's difficult to say without seeing the
rest of the sitemap. But replacing the reader with a generator and a
serializer as suggested by Mark should work in every case. If the file
is HTML and not XML, you need the HTMLGenerator and the HTMLSerializer.

Joerg