cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Markus Vaterlaus <mvaterl...@gmail.com>
Subject Best Practice Connecting to n Databases
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:25:11 GMT
Hi all,

I'm keen to now your experiences and best practices for the following situation:

I need to be able to select one out of n databases and query it.
N is actually a number around 50.
The queries are the same on each database.
All information relevant to the access to such a database (user name,
password, server name, port, db name) is available in one central
place (xml file or database).
The user selects the database and the first query is executed.

I thought about building dynamically an ESQL serverpage which takes
the access parameters for the selected database as an input. I haven't
tried it yet, therefore I don't know if it's possible at all. What are
your suggestions? Do you have other ideas?

Cheers,

Markus