cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Picasso <oscgoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Sharing sessions and authentication across sites
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:27:10 GMT
Hi,

I have a cocoon application that serves different sites.
For example:
htpp://first.com
htpp://second.com
htpp://third.com

A request to any of the site is handled by the same sitemap hierarchy. Each of
the site specific snippet is handled either by using an XXHost matcher, or by
testing the real requested site inside XSP pages etc.

Each of the site has protected and unprotected sections.

While surfing, we need to keep track of some user preferences. For the moment,
I use sessions to keep track of these user preferences.

>From each site, there are links that point to the other sites. I would like to
share tbe user preferences accross the different sites.

Is there a mean to share sessions accross these different sites?

More importantly, in each site their is the ability for a user to login. I
would like the authentication to be shared across the sites, so that when one
user is logged in one site, it would be logged for every other site.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Oscar