cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjoseph...@yahoo.com>
Subject how to display html?
Date Fri, 22 Oct 2004 01:18:13 GMT
Hi,

i have a requirement that the user should be able to
enter a href in a text area ex:
<a
href="http://www.yahoo.com">http://www.yahoo.com</a>

Then in a different form, that is read only, this href
should display as a link that can be clicked on.

I tried to do this using the following:

<snip>

<TD>${editBean.note_with_href}</TD>

</snip>

 but what I get in the resulting table cell is the
same thing i.e.

<a
href="http://www.yahoo.com">http://www.yahoo.com</a>

i.e. the "<" and ">" have been escape to be &lt; and
&gt;.  A bean.toString() method indicates that the
values in the bean are unescaped.  The values in the
database also appear to be unescaped.

Who is doing the escaping and how can I prevent it
from happening so that I see a clikcable link?

My sitemap is pretty basic - as follows:

<map:match pattern="display-only-pipeline">
  <map:generate type="jx" src="display_template.xml"/>
       <map:serialize type="html"/>
</map:match>

thanks!
Paul