cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Picasso <oscgoo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene/SearchGenerator exception
Date Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:53:15 GMT
Thanks for your input.

I have read these posts.

It seems however that the proposed solutions are related to other exceptions
("Too Many files open Error" and "IOException in index()") which appear on
indexing and not the "Bad Resource" error which appear on searching with the
SearchGenerator.

While the later error is mentioned I don't find a solution about it.

Did I miss something in these posts?

Thanks

--- Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> wrote:

> this has been around for a while it seems
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org/msg23542.html
>
> possible solution
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-users&m=101879850601501&w=2
> or
> http://www.mail-archive.com/cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org/msg23571.html
>

> Oscar Picasso wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I use the SearchGenerator in one of my pipeline and sometimes I get the
> > following Exception:
> >
> > org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
> > java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad file descriptor
> >

> > Original Exception: java.util.NoSuchElementException: no more hits: Bad
> file
> > descriptor
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.search.LuceneCocoonPager.next(LuceneCocoonPager.java:207)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateHit(SearchGenerator.java:641)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateHits(SearchGenerator.java:623)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generateResults(SearchGenerator.java:600)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.generation.SearchGenerator.generate(SearchGenerator.java:538)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:535)
> > 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:166)