cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew MacDonald <andrew_james_macdon...@yahoo.com>
Subject Changing the portal layout dynamically
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:35:32 GMT
Hello,
I am trying to change the portal layout dynamically
but am having problems doing so.  One of the
approaches I've tried is to access (and possibly
change) the portal context.  I've tried accessing it
from flow and from an XML page using the session
transformer.  The following is the code I've tried and
the errors I get...
>From flow:

var portalManager =
cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.webapps.portal.components.PortalManager.ROLE);
var portalContext = portalManager.getContext(true);
var xml = portalContext.getXML("/*");

That code produces the error:
"portal: portal-uri required for application 'portal'"

I've also tried from flow:

var contextMan =
cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.webapps.session.ContextManager.ROLE);

var portalContext = contextMan.getContext("portal");
var xml = portalContext.getXML("/*");

That code produces the error:
"Portal context not available outside a coplet."

I also get that same error when I try to access the
portal context from XML.  For example:
<session:getxml context="portal" path="/*"/>

I'm almost certain I'm inside a coplet when using this
code so I don't understand the meaning of this error.

Any help towards solving these problems would be much
appreciated.  I've looked and haven't been able to
find any info on accessing the portal context.

Thanks,
Andrew MacDonald