cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Paul Joseph <pjoseph...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: error msg. from jdo
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2004 11:30:26 GMT
Thank you Antonio.

I am using JDO and made two changes that seem to have
resolved this issue:

a) at the start of my JavaScript, I call:
var factory =
cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.cocoon.ojb.jdo.components.JdoPMF.ROLE);

I found that (hindsight is 20:20) that ofcourse I had
to release it when done with:

      cocoon.releaseComponent(factory);

This *seemed* to improve things...but what really
improved it was

b) in my ojb.properties file, I changed the following
from its default of 0 to 2:
# specifies the behaviour of the pool when broker
capacity is
# exhausted (see maxActive above)
# 0 - fail
# 1 - block
# 2 - grow
whenExhaustedAction=2

and also, (I some how feel that it was this that was
the real cure)
c) in my database access Java code, to the method that
was talkiang to the database, I changed the static
call I was making to the broker to a non-static call
as follows:

		broker =
PersistenceBrokerFactory.defaultPersistenceBroker();
		broker.clearCache();

and then when I was done, closed the broker with:
	if(broker != null)
	  broker.close();
        // Release broker instance to the broker-pool

AI am not sure which of the three changes made the
most difference, but I think it was C)

thanks again.
Paul