cocoon-users mailing list archives

From John Small Berries <jonsmallberr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: empty attribute string using xslt with request parameters
Date Wed, 06 Oct 2004 16:20:37 GMT
On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 11:42:00 +0200, Andreas Hartmann <andreas@apache.org> wrote:
> John Small Berries wrote:
> > Having a problem getting this to work.  This works and my output
> > document has a form with action="blah".  To get this, in xslt I have a
> > template like so:
> > <xsl:template match="form[@action='redisplay']">
> >   <form method="post" name="theform" action="blah">
> >     <xsl:apply-templates/>
> >   </form>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > The resulting tag looks like <form method="post" action="blah" name="theform">
> >
> > However, this doesn't work:
> > <xsl:template match="form[@action='redisplay']">
> >   <form method="post" name="theform" action={$contId}>
>
> I guess you mean
>
>     <form method="post" name="theform" action="{$contId}">
Oops, yeah, that's what I have, without quotes was a typo.

> >     <xsl:apply-templates/>
> >   </form>
> > </xsl:template>
> >
> > The resulting tag looks like <form action="" name="theform" method="post">
> >
> > I have declared this at the top of my .xsl sheet:
> > <xsl:param name="contId"/>
>
> Did you try
>
> <xsl:param name="contId" select="'blah'"/>
>
> to see if the error happens on passing the parameter?
When I try to do what you suggest above, the output is still <form
action=""....>
Btw, if I pass in a literal it works in the stylesheet, so I know I'm
matching, which
I guess I'd know anyways b/c the action is going from ="redisplay" to "".

> [...]
>
> > One other thing, when Cocoon outputs my final html, the form is in the
> > order of action, method, name.  But all my xml files, and xslt have
> > name, method, action order.  Is there some bug messing up the
> > transformation?
>
> IIRC, the XML spec says that attribute order does not matter at all.
> So it's up to the transformer to choose an attribute order, it's not
> a bug.
Ok, just wanted to cross that off the list of possible things I was doing wrong.