cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Phillip Nicolson <p...@star.le.ac.uk>
Subject Pipeline global variables
Date Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:24:03 GMT
Can anyone tell me if the following is possible?

I have a web page containing two frames, outerFrame and innerFrame, both
have associated pipelines.
Once outerFrame has loaded the innerFrame loads.
outerFrame contains a form with a number of fields - what I need to do
is set variables as I pass through the pipeline for the outerFrame that
I can then pick up and use as I pass through the pipeline for the
innerFrame

Within my sitemap I would like to create a number of global variables -
I know this can be done very easily.

However I would like to be able to set the value of these variables in
one pipeline and use them in another, something along the lines of:

<global-variables>
  <global_activity_key />
</global-variables>

<map:match pattern="outerFrame.html">
  <map:act type="abc" />
    <map:generate src="web/xsp/workflow-main.xsp" type="serverpages"
label="000" />
      <map:transform src="............xsl">
        <!-- Add the action params -->
        <map:parameter name="action"  value="{action}"/>
        <map:parameter name="global:global_activity_key"
value="{activity_key}"/>
      </map:transform>
        <!-- Serialize as HTML -->
        <map:serialize type="html" />
      </map:match>

<map:match pattern="innerFrame.html">
  <map:generate src="web/xsp/.....xsp" type="serverpages" label="000" />
        <map:transform src="web/xsl/......xsl">
          <!-- Add the action params -->
          <map:parameter name="action"  value="{action}"/>
          <map:parameter name="activity_key"
value="{global:global_activity_key}"/>
        </map:transform>
        <!-- Serialize as HTML -->
        <map:serialize type="html" />
        </map:match>

Is this possible, or do I need to think of a different approach?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

thanks

--
Phillip Nicolson
Department of Physics & Astronomy		Phone:	(0)116 2523581