cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Roberto" <rma...@montefiore.ch>
Subject Classpath
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 14:23:44 GMT
Hya there,
would just to understand if I need to set the CLASSPATH enviroment variable to use Cocoon.
Let me tell first my configuration:

Window2000 PRO :-(
Cocoon 2.1.5
JDK 1.4.2
MySQL 4.1

I don't have any Tomcat or whatever. The problem is that I can't connect to the database.
I already properly setted the following file:

cocoon.xconf
<jdbc name="mysql_pool">
<pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
<dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/montefiore</dburl>
<user>root</user>
<password/> (tried with password & not)
</jdbc>

web.xml
<init-param>
<param-name>load-class</param-name>
<param-value> org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</param-value>
</init-param>

& properly added the mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar under WEB-INF/lib.

I guess I got everything setted ok. The problem is that the error.log file tell me that he
cant get the connection to the db. In some IBM tutorial I read that I have take care about
the CLASSPATH variable, is that true? I mean, because they make example with Tomcat installed
either.

Any suggestion?
Thanx in advance
Ciao