cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Art Spasky" <art.spa...@dgma.donetsk.ua>
Subject Re: Classpath
Date Tue, 19 Oct 2004 15:24:27 GMT
What is the text of error?

I think that exception was not connected with class path (from your words)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Roberto
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, October 19, 2004 6:23 PM
  Subject: Classpath

  Hya there,
  would just to understand if I need to set the CLASSPATH enviroment variable to use Cocoon.
Let me tell first my configuration:

  Window2000 PRO :-(
  Cocoon 2.1.5
  JDK 1.4.2
  MySQL 4.1

  I don't have any Tomcat or whatever. The problem is that I can't connect to the database.
I already properly setted the following file:

  cocoon.xconf
  <jdbc name="mysql_pool">
  <pool-controller min="5" max="10"/>
  <dburl>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/montefiore</dburl>
  <user>root</user>
  <password/> (tried with password & not)
  </jdbc>

  web.xml
  <init-param>
  <param-name>load-class</param-name>
  <param-value> org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver</param-value>
  </init-param>

  & properly added the mysql-connector-java-3.0.6-stable-bin.jar under WEB-INF/lib.

  I guess I got everything setted ok. The problem is that the error.log file tell me that
he cant get the connection to the db. In some IBM tutorial I read that I have take care about
the CLASSPATH variable, is that true? I mean, because they make example with Tomcat installed
either.

  Any suggestion?
  Thanx in advance
  Ciao