cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Location of Recourses required in Sytelsheets.
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:45:29 GMT
Jan

Unfortunately absolute references to file paths *are* required
by FOP... this has been discussed many times in this group;
you can pass in the path as an external parameter value to your
stylesheet; say from the sitemap, in order to ease migration.
You can then add an extra transformation step in the pipeline/s
that appends this value in front of all your image references (and
passes through everything else unchanged) before serializing
out to PDF.

>>> news@swisslab.de 2004/09/21 11:59:51 AM >>>
Hello List.

I' m using Cocoon to transform XML Files to PDFs using Saxon and FOP.
In the
XSL Stylesheets I'm using a external grafik:
<fo:external-graphic height="4.4cm" src="siegel02.jpg" />

If I transfer a XML using this Stylesheet, the image is always
missing:

ERROR   (2004-09-20) 14:07.29:875   [sitemap.fop]
(/cocoon/test/test.pdf)
http-80-Processor23/ExternalGraphic: Error while creating area : Error
with
image URL: siegel02.jpg (Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht
finden)
and no base URL is specified

It works if I add a URI like "file://c:/images/siegel02.jpg", but I'm
migrating from another system where I have a lot of old stylesheets in
use,
all having external grafic location as in the excample above and I dont
want
to change them all.

I'm wondering why the image is not found, because the Imports are all
working with the same URI:
<xsl:import href="EMibe.xsl"/>

So, what is going wrong? Is Cocoon using a special folder for image
recourses? Or must I migrate to absolut lacation paths?

Thanks!
jan

believed to be clean.