cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Help ! General questions about Cforms and flowscript.
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 06:36:42 GMT
Of course you mean "lower level" users ;-) ... but the original
poster had a good point; perhaps its because CForms are
stil under development that much of what is around them is
not properly documented as yet.  In the long run, the API
should not be the first point of call - I see that more for
developers who want to, for example, extend core functionality
and contribute it back to the project, and NOT for more typical
Cocoon users who just want to know and understand what their
options are ito developing applications.

Sidebar: I would suggest that being able to modify stylesheets is
pretty much a key skill required for working with Cocoon... but
that changing Java classes is not.

>>> anthony_herve@yahoo.fr 2004/09/16 04:59:58 PM >>>
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> <snip/>
>

>> Cocoon is  open-source: do  not hesitate  to take a  look inside  to
the
>> forms  stylesheets, the  java classes,  and  so on.   Everything can
 be
>> customized and adapted to taste.
>

> and this is exactly what most higher level users are unable to do :)
>

> Jorg

believed to be clean.