cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Dynamic forms with Cforms
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:38:37 GMT
* replies below

>>> verdin@agrocampus-rennes.fr 2004/09/13 10:40:17 AM >>>
Thanks !

>David
>

>Please post in plain text next time...

Ok, I adapt now !

>There were three quesitons there:
>
>1.  In my sitemap, am I supposed to call JXGenerator ?
>No, rather call this from your flowscript, passing in the
>value(s) of the form template you want to be "dynamic".

I'm not sure. You say I can call JXGenerator from my flowscript ?
How can I do this ? Are there javascript functions for this ?

* Well, you can call the pattern match containing the JXGenerator
* page in the same way as you would call any other... typically
* with a:
* cocoon.sendPage("pattern-match-name", { "myJavascriptVariable":myValue} );

>2. Am I supposed to call an XSL transformation after this
>to make the forms object appear on the resulting page ?
>You could use the built-in stylesheets supplied with the
>Cocoon samples.

OK. I'll try to find them.

* just use <map:transform type="forms"/>
* followed by the stylesheets used in the samples/blocks/forms/

>3. is it possible, with the source transformer
>, to insert several first level tags inside an existing document
>without
>the "path" element to be inserted
>I am not sure about this; you dont need this transformer to
>work with plain CForms...

Well. This is not exactly for Cforms. I want to update my binding file
simultaneously.

* You coud try the source writing transformer...
* http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/sourcewriting-transformer.html
* Alternatively, if you do not need to save the changes back to the
* file, then just an ordinary stylesheet in a pipeline can do this...

--
David Verdin

believed to be clean.