cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Fundamental Cocoon Philosophy Question
Date Mon, 13 Sep 2004 14:20:30 GMT
Julian

OK; I haven't looked at Lenya in detail... as always,
if your requirements are more intensive, then you are
likely to have to pay for them somehow, in terms of
time or money!

As for modules, it sounds like you need to join the dev
list and contribute to their discussions...

Thanks
Derek

>>> cerebro70@yahoo.com 2004/09/13 03:33:58 PM >>>
Derek,

Thanks alot.  I agree with most of your points.  I
certainly do not contend Cocoon to be an unstable
project.  As far as the workflow is concerned, the
Lenya implementation is nice, but only as far as flows
that can be modeled as directed graphs.  I am looking
at more robust systems that include error handling,
splits, joins, EAI, etc.  These systems are mostly
Java based and integrating them with Cocoon may pose a
problem and influence my decision.  All in all, I was
simply concerned about the CForms component. Please
see my next post for those questions as they fit in
more with Thomas' post.  Oh, and regarding the blocks
system, I hope that it will be akin to Linux modules
that are separately downloaded and documented for
clarity sake.

Thanks,
Julian

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=109362470725423&w=2

> > for more information.

> > makes me
> > XML.
> >
> > Ralph's Reply:
> >
> > > Why?  (BTW - Cocoon doesn't really run on XML.
> It
> > runs on SAX events).
> > > This "feature", in my mind, is one of its
> greatest
> > strengths as I find I
> > > can customize almost anything.
> >
> > Yep, and remember, the XML publishing is just one
> > aspect of it all. XML
> > is good for publishing... the view. Of course, you
> > shouldn't rely on XML
> > for stuff like Flow Control or backend stuff,
> which
> > is why we have
> > Flowscript and the OJB or Hibernate integration
> > writeups...

> > endless
> my
> > the
> >
> > Trust me, people have felt this way for years :)
> >
> > The best way to help is to contribute to the
> > project.  Like I said,
> > subscribe to the -dev list and join the
> > conversation.
> >
> > Tony

=== message truncated ===

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.

-Ghandi

Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"

-William of Occam

believed to be clean.