cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Configuring the HTMLarea for table operations
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 06:51:35 GMT
Bruno

I have now tried the following:

1. Create an external js file with the following:

// Register plugins
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("TableOperations");
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("FullPage");

function initFunction(areaID) {
  // inititalize editor
  editor = new HTMLArea("editor");
  // retrive the config object
  var config = editor.config;
  config.statusBar = false;
  // do custom configuration
	config.toolbar = [
		[
		  "bold", "italic", "underline", "strikethrough",
"separator",
		  "subscript", "superscript", "separator",
		  "justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright",
"separator",
		  "insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist", "outdent",
"indent", "separator",
		  "createlink", "separator", "undo", "redo", "paste"  ]
	];
  HTMLArea.replace(areaID,config);
}

function initTable(areaID) {
  // inititalize editor
  edit = new HTMLArea("editor");
  edit.registerPlugin(TableOperations);
  // retrive the config object
  var config = edit.config;
  config.statusBar = false;
  // do custom configuration
	config.toolbar = [
		[
		  "bold", "italic", "underline", "strikethrough",
"separator",
		  "subscript", "superscript", "separator",
		  "justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright",
"separator",
		  "insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist", "outdent",
"indent", "separator",
		  "createlink", "separator", "undo", "redo", "paste"  ]
	];
  HTMLArea.replace(areaID,config);
}

2. Linked to that file via a call from the primary stylesheet:

<script type="text/javascript"
src="{$resources}/htmlareaconfig.js"></script>

But I still have the same issue ie. those text areas using
function  initFunction() work fine, but those trying to use the
initTable() , which calls the registerPlugin(TableOperations)
do not!

I did look on the HTMLarea forums, and the advice there was
the same as yours, but there must be something else needed
to  make it work?  eg. how does HTMLArea know where to
locate  the plugins?

Any further advice is appreciated!

Derek

>>> bruno@outerthought.org 2004/09/06 06:17:49 PM >>>

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 16:54, Derek Hohls wrote:
> If anyone has experience with the problem below,
>  I'd appreciate hearing a solution..
>
> I have modified the forms-htmlarea-styling.xsl to
> include the following  - inserted after the line:
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="{$resources-uri}/htmlarea/htmlarea.js"></script>
>
>     <script type="text/javascript" >
>       //reconfigure HTMLArea toolbar
>       function initTable(areaID) {
>         // inititalize editor

do first:
HTMLArea.loadPlugin("TableOperations");

note: if you have multiple htmlareas on one page, this only has to
happen once, so in that case you might rather do this in some <script>
in the <head> tag.

>         edit = new HTMLArea("editor");
>         edit.registerPlugin(TableOperations);
>         // retrive the config object
>         var config = edit.config;
>         config.statusBar = false;
>         // do custom configuration
>       	config.toolbar = [
>       		[
>       		  "bold", "italic", "underline",
"strikethrough",
> "separator",
>       		  "subscript", "superscript", "separator",
>       		  "justifyleft", "justifycenter",
"justifyright",
> "separator",
>       		  "insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist",
"outdent",
> "indent", "separator",
>       		  "createlink", "separator", "undo", "redo",
"paste"  ]
>       	];
>         HTMLArea.replace(areaID,config);
>       }
>     </script>
>
> The form template page is then configured to use it
> for a textarea as follows:
>
>    <fi:styling type="htmlarea" rows="15" style="width:90%;">
>      <initFunction>initTable</initFunction>
>     </fi:styling>
>
> However the HTMLarea does not work at all (ie. get a plain
> textarea) UNLESS I remove the line:
>       edit.registerPlugin(TableOperations);
>
> Obviously I want to add in all the functionality of table
> operations found in the TableOperations javascript as
> well to the config.toolbar, but cannot do so until the
> plugin is working....

believed to be clean.