cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Forms styling: showing required OR validation symbols
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 06:41:14 GMT
The current forms stylesheets supplied with Cocoon
work very well for most purposes... however, I now
have a quite crowded form where space is at a
premium.  Ideally I would only like to have one "hint"
symbol next to each field ie. if the field is required it
will have a "*".   But if the user neglects to fill in that
field, and the form is redisplayed, there is a "!!" and "*"
This is actually redundant and also causes the form field
alignments to go out of sync.

If anyone knows of a way to ONLY display the validation
symbol and NOT the required symbol as well, please
let me know.

Thanks!
Derek

believed to be clean.