cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Recursively generated menus in XSL and Cocoon
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:38:38 GMT
Matt

You could do this using Cocoon forms; have a look at the
example in:
/samples/blocks/forms/carselector
/samples/blocks/forms/countryselector

If you search further in the mail archives, you will find
other discussions about further options based on these
examples.

HTH
Derek

>>> mattaios@pasteur.fr 2004/09/01 04:03:01 PM >>>

Hello !

I'm developing a database interrogation user interface in XML/XSL with

Cocoon.

The user having selected a request , the system generates a page on
which he has to select
  values  for the requests' parameters .

For each single parameter, there is a number of values I select from
the database through subrequests,
in order  to generate a dropdown menu,  for the user to choose between

them.
All data for the subrequests' generation come from a XML file

There is never the same number of parameters , so I use a recursive
template
to generate each  subrequest

Is it possible to use the values selected from a thus generated menu ,
to modify the values proposed by another such menu, through a
javascript function like 'Onchange'?

For example,
with two menus , 'Collection' and 'Types':

  if I select collection number '1',
could it be possible to re-generate the following menu, so as to
display only the types that are represented in the collection number
'1'?

(I personally doubt this is possible, based on past experience)

What's your opinion?

Many thanks for every answer!!

Matt

believed to be clean.