cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Aichholzer" <ga...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject Re: Should static files be cached serverside?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:56:12 GMT
On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:34:10 -0700 (PDT), Ralph Goers
<Ralph.Goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:

> Gerald Aichholzer said:
>> On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:26:32 +0200, Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> wrote:
>>
>>> or you could just let apache serve your static html.
>>>

>> are there any samples doing this? the wiki docs still say "todo".
>>
>> I'm using cocoon under windows (it's for a prototype only) and
>> have tried to serve static files (mostly images) with TinyWeb
>> (which is a very small web server for windows). My application
>> slowed down by a factor of 3-4.
>>
>> If apache shows the same behaviour then I don't see any advantages.
>>

> You have an apache web server at port 80. The static content is there and
> apache serves that up.  Configure apache to proxy the requests for
> non-static content to tomcat/jetty for cocoon to process.

Thanx for your answer - unfortunately I don't know much about
configuring apache.

Well, by clicking on a href="/miracle/app/cook/info.gif" in my
xhtml-source-code my browser connects to the following address:

   http://server:8888/miracle/app/cook/info.gif

But if I want to serve static content with apache, it should be

   http://server:80/miracle/app/cook/info.gif

Do I have to modify my generated xhtml-code to achieve this or
do I have to edit apache's configuration file only?

thanx,
Gerald