cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gerald Aichholzer" <ga...@iicm.tu-graz.ac.at>
Subject Re: Should static files be cached serverside?
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 14:02:23 GMT
On Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:26:32 +0200, Jorg Heymans <jh@domek.be> wrote:

> or you could just let apache serve your static html.

are there any samples doing this? the wiki docs still say "todo".

I'm using cocoon under windows (it's for a prototype only) and
have tried to serve static files (mostly images) with TinyWeb
(which is a very small web server for windows). My application
slowed down by a factor of 3-4.

If apache shows the same behaviour then I don't see any advantages.

BTW: cocoon 2.1.5.1. with jetty

thanx for any tips,
Gerald