cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Hartmann <andr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems with xsl:document()-function
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:14:56 GMT
Katrin Schoenherr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i tried to get the document()-function to work.
> Here is a sample:
> <xsl:value-of select="document('grundlagen.xml')" />
> I tried everything....
> The path is correct.

Is the grundlagen.xml in the same path as the XSLT
stylesheet?

> The XML-File too.
> Does Cocoon support this function?

Yes, Xalan supports the whole XSLT spec.

Are you aware that <xsl:value-of> returns the
string-value of the specified node? I'm not sure
if the string-value of a document node is defined.
You might try

<xsl:value-of select="document('grundlagen.xml')/*" />

or, to include the contents of the document,

<xsl:copy-of select="document('grundlagen.xml')/*" />

-- Andreas