cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject cforms custom binding multivaluefield
Date Wed, 22 Sep 2004 11:24:16 GMT
Hi,

I have a bean called "Profile" that populates my form. The bean has an
arraylist called "targetGroups" which contains "TargetGroup" objects.
(and get-set methods for this arraylist)
Each Targetgroup object has an id(Integer) and name(String).

i have a multivaluefield widget for these groups

<fd:multivaluefield id="targetgroups">
<!--is this datatype correct???? tried setting it to my TargetGroup
class but it says unknown datatype -->
   <fd:datatype base="string"/>
   <fd:selection-list/>
</fd:multivaluefield>

I want to populate this multivaluefield with a custom binding

<fb:javascript id="targetgroups" path="targetGroups" direction="load">
   <fb:load-form>
     var collection = jxpathPointer.getNode();
     widget.setSelectionList(collection, "id", "name");
   </fb:load-form>
</fb:javascript>

I am getting a ClassCastException

Original Exception: java.lang.ClassCastException
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.convertor.DummyStringConvertor.convertToString(DummyStringConvertor.java:35)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.typeimpl.AbstractDatatype.convertToString(AbstractDatatype.java:94)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.datatype.FlowJXPathSelectionList.generateSaxFragment(FlowJXPathSelectionList.java:119)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.MultiValueField.generateItemSaxFragment(MultiValueField.java:143)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.formmodel.AbstractWidget.generateSaxFragment(AbstractWidget.java:369)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.EffectWidgetReplacingPipe$WidgetHandler.process(EffectWidgetReplacingPipe.java:390)
         at
org.apache.cocoon.forms.transformation.EffectPipe.endElement(EffectPipe.java:417)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown
Source

Thoughts?
Jorg