cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Binding a multivaluefield on a bean property (was Re: Mime-type on serializers)
Date Sat, 18 Sep 2004 15:50:50 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> <snip/>
>

>>  From what I understand, your target bean that is bound to the form
>> has a "style" property of type Object[], right?
>
> well first it was String[] but yes, it's Object[] now.

I had a quick look at the code: multivalue field effectively builds its
value as an Object[], i.e. an untyped array. We could change it so that
it creates an array of the associated datatype, i.e. for a <datatype
base="integer"> it would give an Integer[].

But for now, you have to stick with Object[].

>> Since a multivaluefield has a value of type Object[] also, why don't
>> you simply use <fb:value>?
>
> did that, it works, i'm baffled.

:-D

> When would one have to use fb:multi-value then?

It should be mainly useful to bind a multivaluefield to an XML document,
where the surrounding structure (parent and row elements) have to be
defined.

Sylvain