cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: lookup the components of a pipeline
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 11:05:51 GMT
<snip/>

>  Perhaps I should have said that I have to implement an autarkic component,
> the transformer, which cannot depend on a generated sitemap. It needs to
> inspect its context at runtime.
>
> Any help is appreciated.

How about every of your components appends it's name to a special
request attribute? At least then you know the preceding pipeline layout
up to the currently executing component.

And what if your validating transformer inserts the error into the SAX
stream (eg in a <stacktrace> or <exception> element), a following
component detects this and executes your error logic.

This is IMO the only way it can work, you build up an xml
control/logging structure in the SAX stream as you go along in the
pipeline, then the serializer (or the last transformer) looks at this
control structure and reacts.

Why is it important to know the next pipeline component as well? If a
validating error has occured, then this is caused by components
preceding your validator... but i guess there must be another valid reason.

Hope this makes sense,
Jorg