cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans ...@domek.be>
Subject Re: lookup the components of a pipeline
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 10:12:31 GMT
<snip/>

> The usecase is quite simple. A custom transformer needs to know its
> predecessor and its successor. The Transformer is a schema validating
> Transformer used for validating SOAP messages. It needs to know its position
> in the pipeline to generate specific SOAP errors in case of a validation
> error.

clear. I had a similar usecase a while ago and ended up having an
abstract baseclass and different implementations depending on how it was
positioned/used in the pipelined, nothing dynamic - all through sitemap
configuration.

>>How about just passing the previous and next component as a parameter?
>>Sure it's hardcoded then, but this could be autogenerated.
>
> This would be the fallback, just in case that there is no way to inspect the
> components of a pipeline dynamically. I'd have to hardcode it in the
> (sub-)sitemap then. But how could it be autogenerated?

The cocoon build uses a tool called XConfToolTask in tools/src/anttasks.
This could be used to autogenerate your pipeline or modify an existing
pipeline with an ant-script and some properties, nothing fancy really.

HTH
Jorg