cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Huber, Daniel" <Daniel.Hu...@TechniDATA.DE>
Subject DateInputModule, multiple formats
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 16:09:17 GMT
Hi there,

I'd like to use different date formats with the
org.apache.cocoon.components.modules.inputDateInputModule.
There have been some requests on this topic in this list, but no real
answers.

As i saw in the source code, the name of the parameter is hard-coded. It
must be 'format'.
So in cocoon.xconf it is (currently) not possible to declare more than
one format.
(I also saw some postings which demanded to change this...)

But the wiki and some other sources say that besides cocoon.xconf there
is another place where I can define a 'format' parameter for
DateInputModule: "Format given through attribute "format" of
configuration root node [=cocoon.xconf?!] or nested <format/> tag on
module declaration. [=???]"

So, where is this second place, where am i supposed to make my "module
declararion" when not in cocoon.xconf?
Or in other words, where must I declare parameters, so that they can be
accessed by modeConf.getAttribute("format", default) which is done in
DateInputFormat.java

A short XML snippet and the name of the configuration file would be
highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Daniel