cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Advantage using Hibernate with Cocoon
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2004 08:54:49 GMT
Il giorno 09/set/04, alle 10:38, patrick@schlaepfer.com ha scritto:

> I'm wondering what might be the advantage of
> using Hibernate - or another O/R mapper - together
> with Cocoon.

I think there are advantages in using Hibernate to implement data
persistence over a relational database whether you are using Cocoon or
not. Cocoon's concern is presentation and flow control. Hibernate's
concern is persistence. The two concerns should not overlap, so that
you could use a different presentation layer on top of Hibernate or a
different persistence mechanism beneath Cocoon easily.

We happen to be using Cocoon and Hibernate simply because we believe
them to be the best tools in their respective fields of application.

> There some articles on the web, about using
> Hibernate with Cocoon.
> And anyone using it?

Articles, not that I know of, but you can find a complete sample here:
<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/SpringPetstore>. And if you'd like to
attend either OSCOM4 [1] or GT2004 [2], I'll be presenting a talk on
Cocoon and Spring which will also cover Hibernate.

	Ugo

[1] http://oscom.org/events/oscom4
[2] http://www.orixo.com/events/gt2004/

--