cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Philipp Rech" <philipp.r...@gmx.de>
Subject CForms with Tabs via <fi:styling type="tabs"/> ?
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 11:52:40 GMT
Hello Folks ou there!

my goal is to have a CForm page in wich several parts of the form are
displayed within tabs - just like the example in the blocks section:

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/blocks/forms/form1

I use Cocoon Version: 2.1.5.1 within Tomcat.

My question is:
---------------

How can I create the tabs? How does <fi:styling type="tabs"/> works? Does it
create the tabs just through the form-samples-styling.xsl (or one of the
other xsl files in rescources)? The Blocks Sample page works with Actions
(another with Flowscript) are the Actions creating the Tabs?

All I could find out that is the Form Definition of the Sample has this:

<fd:widgets>
    <fd:field id="tab-state">
      <fd:datatype base="string"/>
    </fd:field>

An the Form Template has this:

<!-- group with tabs. Each of
the children of <items> will constitute a tab -->

         <fi:group>
              <fi:styling type="tabs"/>
              <fi:label>Choose a panel: </fi:label>
              <fi:state>
                <ft:widget id="tab-state"/>
              </fi:state>

              <fi:items>
                <!-- group with automatic two-column layout -->
                <fi:group>
                  <fi:label>String fields</fi:label>
                  <fi:styling layout="columns"/>
                  <fi:items>
                    <ft:widget id="email"/>
                    <ft:widget id="fourchars">
                      <!-- particular styling for the enumeration -->
                      <fi:styling list-type="listbox" listbox-size="4"/>
                    </ft:widget>
                  </fi:items>
                </fi:group>

         ... AND SO ON

How does this work? Thanks a lot for any help and ideas!!!
if i create one on my own i dont get an error but also the tabs
are not there just an output like "String fieldsNumber fieldsBoolean fields
" on the screen/browser.

Thank u & regards,

Philipp