cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Bart Molenkamp" <b.molenk...@bizzdesign.nl>
Subject RE: CForms booleanfield validate problem
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:32:06 GMT
I saw that the validate method doesn't check for extra validations. I
think you need somethink like this:

<fd:booleanfield id="read_law">
  <fd:validation>
    <fd:javascript>
    	return widget.getValue == java.lang.Boolean.TRUE;
    </fd:javascript>
  </fd:validation>
</fd:field>

I tracked the problem a little further down. First, you need to remove
the validate() method in BooleanField.java. After that, you need to
modify the BooleanFieldDefinitionBuilder.java a little. You need to add
the statement
setValidators(widgetElement, definition); in the buildWidgetDefinition
method, just before the new widget definition is returned. Third thing
to do is to implement ValidationErrorAware on BooleanField.java.

Also, you need to modify the field styling to show the validation error
on the form (I don't have time for that).

I've made the modification (see attachment - they work for me), but I
think it would be wise to discuss these changes on the dev mailing list.

Bart.