cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Carol Gray <cg...@calmail.berkeley.edu>
Subject Cocoon Servlet RuntimeException: Invalid content: text/xml
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:34:34 GMT
Hello all,
I am fairly new to Cocoon, and over the past few months have been working
on an application that takes input via an xsp form and sends xml to a small
webservice application (using jdom) that writes xml to file and reads the
xml files for subsequent display on a summary web page.

For the most part, it works well on both PC and Mac, running under either
Tomcat 5 as a standalone service or JBoss3.2.5 with Tomcat 5.0.26 included.
However, on a MacOS X Server, JBoss/Tomcat on Panther, with Tomcat 41.sar,
I get the following errors:

"org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid type content from service: text/xml;
charset=IOS-8859-1 source: Cocoon Servlet RuntimeException"

"Error in TraxTransformer: javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:"

I would just upgrade JBoss to use the more recent version of Tomcat, but at
this time others are using the server with applications that have not been
tested in the new environment. Is there something else that may be causing
this error, other than perhaps requiring Tomcat 5?

I searched the web and found a couple of other postings where people had
encountered this error, but didn't see any solutions posted.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Carol