cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Scott Yeadon <scott.yea...@anu.edu.au>
Subject CForms: obtaining the request object
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2004 04:15:57 GMT
Hi,

I have an authenticator which sets user id in the session request
object, defined as follows:
<map:match pattern="login">
  <map:act type="auth-login">
    <map:parameter name="handler" value="testauth"/>
    <map:parameter name="parameter_userid" value="{request-param:userid}"/>
    <map:parameter name="parameter_password"
value="{request-param:password}"/>
  </map:act>
  <map:redirect-to uri="http://myserver/anotherpage/myform>
</map:match>

How do I then access the request parameters from subsequent forms using
Java, specifically when I have a class that has no context objects
directly avaliable to it? For example say I wanted to populate a
selection list based on user id if the user clicks on a button (in which
case I am limited to the Form and its widgets - can I get any request
parameter information from these objects?

Thanks.

Scott.