cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Upayavira ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: gzip-ed xml
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:27:06 GMT
Superbiji@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm developing website which syndicate rss from slashdot.org
>but slashdot rss seems encoded,
>cocoon can not parse it via: generator src="http://"
>
>Is there any way to parse it?

Interesting. I don't know of any way to do this with Cocoon as it
stands. (I may just not know about it).

However, it seems possible from Java. I'd suggest you consider writing a
gzip source, so that you can say <map:generator src="gzip:blah"/>. I
guess you could code it as a wrapper around another source so you'd have
<map:generator src="gzip:http://blah"/>

public class GZipSource extends FileSource {
    String gzipUri;
    public GZipSource(String uri) {
        super(uri.substring(uri.indexOf(":"));
        gzipUrl = uri;
    }
    public getInputStream() throws IOException, SourceNotFoundException {
        return new GZipInputStream(super.getInputStream());
    }
}

You'd probably need to do a bit of tidying, and you'd need to declare
the new class within cocoon.xconf. It'd be a useful new class (assuming
it isn't there already).

Hope that incomplete answer helps!

Regards, Upayavira