cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Krulewitz <sh...@mm.st>
Subject Setting status code at pipeline execution time
Date Sun, 26 Sep 2004 19:49:19 GMT
Hey all --

I have an cocoon application that generates pages by aggregating xml
from various sources using the CIncludeTransformer.  If one of the
sources fails to be retrieved, I still want to return a page but return
the 203 HTTP status code rather than a 200 status code.

The problem is that I only know at pipeline execution time when one of
the parts of the page fails.  Since the pipeline execution path is
hardcoded at setup time, I can't use a selector to act upon a execution
time variable to choose a different serializer (that specifies the
alternate status code).

Is there any way for another pipeline component to override the response
status code at execution time?  I realize any solution to this problem
will probably be a hack, but that is ok since I really need to do it :)

cheers,
-steve