cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norm...@comsine.co.uk>
Subject Re: Fedora Install Errors
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:06:32 GMT

Skip Carter wrote:

>>Can anyone explain why the build script for Cocoon doesn't work on
>>Fedora Core 2?  It seems to be having
>>problems setting the ANT environment variables
>>
>>Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>>org/apache/tools/ant/launch/Launcher
>>

>>I have set JAVA_HOME, JAVA etc in my .bash_profile.
>>
>>I am not too good with Linux so any help would be appreciated.  I would
>>rather not have to build
>>on Windows and deploy to Linux since I am trying to move away from Windows.
>>

>Did you EXPORT your variables ?  If not they will not be available beyond the
>shell where they are set.  Using EXPORT will make the "global" to all your
>shells.

Hi, thanks for the reply I have pasted my .bash_profile below, I can't
see anything wrong with it, is it something
to do with the fact that Fedore comes with Ant preinstalled?

Any help would be appreciated.
# .bash_profile

# Get the aliases and functions
if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
        . ~/.bashrc
fi

# User specific environment and startup programs

PATH=/usr/java/jdk/bin:$PATH:$HOME/bin
export PATH

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk
export CLASSPATH=/usr/java/jdk/lib/tools.jar:/usr/java/jdk/jre/lib/rt.jar:./
unset USERNAME

Thanks,

Norman