cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Cocoon and Lenya as integrated protal and cms
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:43:52 GMT
On 22.09.2004 20:27, Edd Dawson wrote:

> Thanks for the quick reply :) Yes i discovered that lenya is built
> upon cocoon, however as i am totally new to cocoon and lenya i was
> wondering if anyone had ever managed to achieve (or would know how to
> achieve) what i am looking for, and how difficult/time consuming it
> was.

No experience, neither with Cocoon's portal capabilities nor with Lenya.
But both are *just* Cocoon :) You only have to map URLs to different
places. Somewhere you probably have to merge contents into a page and
transform this into a final HTML-version. It's not that complicated :)

But indeed many people claim that Cocoon has a steep learning curve. I
don't remember, it's to long ago ;-) I only see the ease and flexible
use of it.

Joerg