cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Niko Popitsch <niko.popit...@researchstudio.at>
Subject caching a cinclude response
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:14:00 GMT
Hi all,
I have a problem with the cocoon caching mechanism.
I want to create docbook file by aggregating multiple xml files with
cinclude and then convert it with the docbook-xsl stylesheets to html.
As the docbook2html conversion is very slow, I want to cache the results.
Now, everythink works fine if I use a "static" docbook source file.
Cocoon needs ~ 8 seconds for the first production of the HTML and ~ 20ms
for all following requests.

But when I create the docbook with an XSP page that consists of some
<cinclude> tags, the caching pipeline seems to be broken (the HTML is
served in ~2 seconds). But why? When I turned on debug-logging for the
store, it printed a "Found key: PK_G-..." for every involved component.

any ideas anyone?
thank you,
niko

This is how my sitemap looks like:
[...]
<map:transformers default="xslt">
   <map:transformer name="cinclude"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.CIncludeTransformer">
   <map:parameter name="support-caching" value="true" />
</map:transformer>

[...]

<map:match pattern="x">
   <map:generate type="serverpages" src="test.xsp"/>
   <map:transform type="cinclude">
     <map:parameter name="expires" value="60"/>
   </map:transform>
   <map:transform type="xslt-saxon"
src="docbook-xsl-1.65.1/html/docbook.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize type="html" />
</map:match>
this is how test.xsp looks like:
<book>
[...]
   <xsp:logic>
     if ( 1==1 ) {
   </xsp:logic>
     <cinclude:cached-include src="docbook-content.xml" />
   <xsp:logic>
	}
   </xsp:logic>
[...]