cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Markus Heussen <heus...@asspaxx.de>
Subject [ESQL] sql exception: invalid cursor state
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:39:18 GMT
Hi.

I changed my application from Cocoon-2.0.4 under SDK 1.3.2 to
Cocoon-2.1.5.1 and SDK 1.4.2. Without changing anything in my code now I
have problems accessing an access db using the esql logicsheet. Somebody
there who can help me resolving this problem?

The following exception occurs when I use the esql logicsheet for
accessing an microsoft access database using SUN's
sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver bridge. This exception occurs only if I use
the DISTINCT or GROUP BY sql statements.

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Exception in
ServerPagesGenerator.generate():
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Error getting
ascii data for column HSNName

cause: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]
Ung├╝ltiger Cursorstatus (this is german for "invalid cursor state")

Original Exception:
org.apache.avalon.framework.CascadingRuntimeException: Error getting
ascii data for column HSNName
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.xsp.EsqlHelper.getAscii(EsqlHelper.java:270)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.matrix.areas._050.xsp.enter_level_4_gen_xsp.generate(org.apache.cocoon.www.matrix.areas._050.xsp.enter_level_4_gen_xsp:1502)

Thanks for all responses, Markus :-)