cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "John L. Webber" <John.Web...@jentro.com>
Subject Re: Pipeline expires attribute
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2004 06:59:58 GMT
Hi Alex,

We're using Cocoon 2.1.3 (still), and it works for us (though we use
"access plus 1 seconds" - love the grammar!). We use it to ensure
reloading of dynamic pages, for example in a client-pull situation in a
mobile application using a WML ontimer tag. If anyone knows if there's a
better way, I'd like to know as well. If it no longer works in the
current version of Cocoon, I'd also like to know - we're thinking about
updating soon.

John

Alex Romayev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried using "expires" attribute (found in one of
> the old Cocoon docs) with my pipeline, however, it
> doesn't seem have any effect on caching:
>
> <map:pipeline>
>   <map:parameter name="expires" value="access plus 1
> minutes"/>
> </map:pipeline>
>
> Does it still work or is there another way to achieve
> the  same effect?

  Jentro Technologies GmbH
  John L. Webber, Software Development
  Rosenheimer Str. 145e	    81671 M√ľnchen
  Tel. +49 89 189 169 80     mailto:John.Webber@jentro.com
  Fax  +49 89 189 169 99     http://www.jentro.com
NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail is confidential or may
otherwise be legally privileged. It is intended for the named recipient
only. If you have received it in error, please notify us immediately by
reply or by calling the telephone number above and delete this message
and all its attachments without any use or further distribution of its
contents. Please note that any unauthorised review, copying, disclosing
or otherwise making use of the information is strictly prohibited. Thank
you.