cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Adam Walsh <awa...@contal.net.au>
Subject Re: No lucene, but "Too many open files"
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2004 23:43:49 GMT
Huber, Daniel wrote:

>Hi there!
>
>I'm running Cocoon 2.1.4 within Tomcat 5.0.19 on Linux.
>
>I currently face the problem that cocoon stops to work with various
>exceptions (i.e. FileNotFoundException), all stating "too many open
>files".

Hi Daniel,

What flavour/version of linux are you using? We had a similar problem on
some older versions of redhat, but found that for some reason it didn't
occur on our boxes running redhat WS 3.0. We installed the newer OS on
the offending boxes and haven't had the problem since. It's not an ideal
solution for your problem, but might be something worth looking at.

HTH,
Adam