cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Verboom <patrick.verb...@juwimm.com>
Subject cocoon on bea weblogic 6.1
Date Mon, 06 Sep 2004 12:07:30 GMT
Hi,

We are using cocoon on a bea weblogic 6.1. The cocoon is working fine
except for a big caching problem. Cocoon doesn't always recognize that a
file is updated. Cocoon just keeps returning the cached file without
using the changes in e.g. the xslt. It doesn't matter what kind of file
a xslt, a xml file used in a file generator or the sitemap. Somethimes
it is working fine and a lot of times it isn't.

At the moment I completely disabled caching. This is oke for development
but makes it rather slow for production. We want to update xslt and or
xml files without restarting the server.

Is this a commen problem and what is the solution? Do anybody have any
experience with this? I would like to have a solution because not using
the caching makes it very slow and not having the flexibility to change
a xslt without restarting and thus taking web-sites offline is unaceptable.

thanks in advance.
Patrick