cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Textor <jc.tex...@gmx.de>
Subject Hibernate with Cocoon connection pool
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 12:53:38 GMT
Hi all,

I have a webapp which uses Hibernate for persistency. Hibernate connects
to the database (MySQL) using its own connection pool (where the settings
are specified in hibernate.properties)

I read that Hibernate's builtin connection pool is no good for
production use,
and indeed I'm facing problems. When the app has not been accessed for some
time, the first time it is accessed again it throws a "End Of File
exception".

Now the question is, can I somehow make Hibernate use Cocoon's builitin
connection pool ? (I cannot use tomcat connection pooling as I cannot access
the server config files). Has anybody done this and would be willing to
share
some ideas or code ?

Regards,
Johannes