cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "g[R]eK" <g...@warsztat.pac.pl>
Subject Re[3]: Efficient serving of Docbook
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:20:33 GMT
<. Hi g[R]eK! .>

gRe> <. Hi Frans! .>

gRe> Monday, September 27, 2004, 8:31:58 PM, you wrote:

FE>> On Monday 27 September 2004 17:46, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
gRe> [...]

FE>> I don't think it addresses my problem since it's probably cool once the
FE>> content have been generated. In either case, I think serving fast is no
FE>> problem(cached, or static).

FE>> AFAICT, my problem is that I don't want to do the whole transformation for all
FE>> Docbook sources, but only for those parts that are being requested. It's
FE>> about making the Docbook transformation fine grained, so not everything have
FE>> to be generated, only because a typo is fixed in a part which isn't even
FE>> requested.

gRe> Solution for your problem is probably cached XInclude transformation.
gRe> Unfortunately, AFAIK, there is no XInclude transformer implementing caching,
gRe> yet. So you have to base on [1] src and implement caching. I think it would be
gRe> very smart way.

Sorry, I forgot about url:
[1] http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/transformers/xinclude-transformer.html

--