cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Frans Englich <frans.engl...@telia.com>
Subject Re: Efficient serving of Docbook
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:31:58 GMT
On Monday 27 September 2004 17:46, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand all the implications in your case, but
> using a front-end cache like Apache's mod_cache, and generating the
> appropriate HTTP headers for caching, allows your generated pages to be
> cached for as long as you want, and served by the front-end cache as
> static files.
>
> The only problem in that case is that the poor client who comes at the
> wrong time will have to wait for your pipelines to generate the pages,
> but in practice, unless your pipelines are really slow, it is rarely a
> problem.

I don't think it addresses my problem since it's probably cool once the
content have been generated. In either case, I think serving fast is no
problem(cached, or static).

AFAICT, my problem is that I don't want to do the whole transformation for all
Docbook sources, but only for those parts that are being requested. It's
about making the Docbook transformation fine grained, so not everything have
to be generated, only because a typo is fixed in a part which isn't even
requested.

Cheers,

		Frans