cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Emond Papegaaij <e.papega...@student.utwente.nl>
Subject Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError when calling java flow
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 16:08:58 GMT
On Friday 17 September 2004 09:29, Patrick Verboom wrote:
> I keep getting a java.lang.NoSuchMethodError both in the samples as in
> my own code. As you can see the method exists. is there something i miss a
> library maybe?
<cut sample and output>

This is exactly why I stopped using javaflow. In my case it was caused by the
rewriting of java byte code by the JavaInterpreter. This is done to add stack
information, needed to resume a previous continuation. However, this
rewritten class is loaded by a new class loaded, that is the child of the
default class loader.

This means it will go wrong when an instance of a rewritten class is passed
upward to the parent class loader, because this class loader does not know
about the rewritten class. The reason of the NoSuchMethodError is that the
rewritten method is not compatible with the non-rewritten method, even though
the names and arguments are the same. I was unable to solve this problem,
hence I wrote a new flow engine that does not rewrite the classes [1].

Emond Papegaaij

[1]
http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-users/2004-September/056289.html