cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Daniel Glöckner" <dan...@gloeckner.biz>
Subject Re: lookup the components of a pipeline
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:24:24 GMT
On Monday 06 September 2004 17:15, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Daniel Glöckner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > at the moment I've run out of ideas, concerning possible methods to
> > access the components of a cocoon pipeline. What I need is a way to get
> > the class (or the whole object) of the previous and the following
> > component of the current component. I dug into the ComponentManager but
> > couldn't find a way to solve this problem.
>
> Maybe you could describe your usecase to us, there might be an
> alternative way to solve your problem.
The usecase is quite simple. A custom transformer needs to know its
predecessor and its successor. The Transformer is a schema validating
Transformer used for validating SOAP messages. It needs to know its position
in the pipeline to generate specific SOAP errors in case of a validation
error.

> How about just passing the previous and next component as a parameter?
> Sure it's hardcoded then, but this could be autogenerated.
This would be the fallback, just in case that there is no way to inspect the
components of a pipeline dynamically. I'd have to hardcode it in the
(sub-)sitemap then. But how could it be autogenerated?

Best regards,
  Daniel