cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Stephen Winnall" <st...@winnall.ch>
Subject Re: Portal: Desperately seeking autehtication/ID from Java code
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2004 09:28:11 GMT
In the context of the portal you presumably need a general framework for
authentication, authorisation and - dare I say it - single sign on. If you
want to restrict yourself to Cocoon applications in the portal, you have
an easier job and can presumably do what you like. But if you have other
(non-Cocoon) applications which need to be taken into account you need
more general solutions. I have been looking in this context at CAS
(Central Authentication Service) from Yale (http://www.yale.edu/tp/auth/).
There may be other options (Tomcat has mechanisms for this, but not
everything runs under Tomcat). I have seen mention of JAAS in this context
too, but I don't know more about that than the abbreviation.

Regards
Steve