cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Configuring the HTMLarea for table operations
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2004 07:12:36 GMT
On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 08:51, Derek Hohls wrote:
> Bruno
>
> I have now tried the following:
>
> 1. Create an external js file with the following:
>

> // Register plugins
> HTMLArea.loadPlugin("TableOperations");
> HTMLArea.loadPlugin("FullPage");
>
> function initFunction(areaID) {
>   // inititalize editor
>   editor = new HTMLArea("editor");
>   // retrive the config object
>   var config = editor.config;
>   config.statusBar = false;
>   // do custom configuration
> 	config.toolbar = [
> 		[
> 		  "bold", "italic", "underline", "strikethrough",
> "separator",
> 		  "subscript", "superscript", "separator",
> 		  "justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright",
> "separator",
> 		  "insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist", "outdent",
> "indent", "separator",
> 		  "createlink", "separator", "undo", "redo", "paste"  ]
> 	];
>   HTMLArea.replace(areaID,config);
> }
>
> function initTable(areaID) {
>   // inititalize editor
>   edit = new HTMLArea("editor");
>   edit.registerPlugin(TableOperations);
>   // retrive the config object
>   var config = edit.config;
>   config.statusBar = false;
>   // do custom configuration
> 	config.toolbar = [
> 		[
> 		  "bold", "italic", "underline", "strikethrough",
> "separator",
> 		  "subscript", "superscript", "separator",
> 		  "justifyleft", "justifycenter", "justifyright",
> "separator",
> 		  "insertorderedlist", "insertunorderedlist", "outdent",
> "indent", "separator",
> 		  "createlink", "separator", "undo", "redo", "paste"  ]
> 	];
>   HTMLArea.replace(areaID,config);
> }
>
> 2. Linked to that file via a call from the primary stylesheet:
>
> <script type="text/javascript"
> src="{$resources}/htmlareaconfig.js"></script>
>
> But I still have the same issue ie. those text areas using
> function  initFunction() work fine, but those trying to use the
> initTable() , which calls the registerPlugin(TableOperations)
> do not!

the easiest way to debug this kind of problem is to use mozilla or
firefox and look at the javascript console.

One thing I do differently is put the tableoperations between quotes:
edit.registerPlugin("TableOperations");

though it should work without them too.

> I did look on the HTMLarea forums, and the advice there was
> the same as yours, but there must be something else needed
> to  make it work?  eg. how does HTMLArea know where to
> locate  the plugins?

just check the htmlarea.js source, you'll see.